Saturday, April 17, 2010

15 Things About Me



I was tagged by Lora to post on 15 things about me, so I polished my ego and produced something light for you to enjoy with your morning coffee.
Point and laugh as you will.

1. THINGS THAT SCARE ME
- the dark
- deep water
- not being able to find one of my kids





2. PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LAUGH
- my sister Mary (strange sense of humour!!!  ...which I completely get, of course )
- my brother John (infantile sense of humour...absolutely love that a 30 year old man telling lollipop stick jokes can make me lose my breath laughing)
- Eddie Izzard (a God among men)



3. THINGS I HATE THE MOST


- hangovers
- Jeremy Kyle
- running out of tea



4. THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND


- t'internet (best approached in full body armour wielding a pointy stick)
- the current retro 80's vibes...the 80's were horrible enough first time around...leave it where it is!!!!
- The Theory of Relativity

5. THINGS I AM DOING RIGHT NOW


- erm, drinking a giant mug of tea while typing
- listening to Bob watching Transporters
- loving the daffodils in the morning sunshine



6. THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
- I've decided I'm not going to die, so this bit doesn't apply

7. THINGS I CAN DO
- drink a very impressive amount of tea
- remain patient with my kids if they wake me at 4am
- read upside down writing

8. WAYS TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY
- contradictory
- lazy
- a bit strange





9. THINGS I CAN'T DO
- drink whiskey (bleurch)
- enjoy Country and Western
- concentrate on the innards of politics







10. THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO
- birds singing while you're hanging out the washing....all is well with the world when this happens
- proper traditional Irish music (and not the cross-bred C and W horror show that is often mistaken for it)
- me

11. THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER LISTEN TO
- a man promising you sweeties if you'll get in his car (unless they're minstrels...yummy)...this is also usually OK if the man in question is your husband
- the lady at the make-up counter insisting that orange foundations warms your complexion...this will only serve to make you look like you're in the terminal stages of liver failure
- me

12. THINGS I'D LIKE TO LEARN
- to speak fluent Irish
- how to dance with a little more grace than a drunk, electrified rhino
- how to plug all the holes in my leaky memory, so that I can remember what day it is







13. FAVOURITE FOODS
- freshly baked pizza
- banana split
- my sister Kay's sponge cake (mmmmmm)





14. BEVERAGES I DRINK REGULARLY
- this will shock you....tea!!!
- the cappuccinos you get in Butlers
- red wine









15. SHOWS I WATCHED AS A KID
- Playschool
- Dr Who
- The Magic Roundabout






16. PEOPLE I AM TAGGING TO DO THIS....
-Taz
- Blue Sky
- Dr Destructo's Ma

10 comments:

  1. Completely shocked at the number of times you mentioned Tea in there lol. I can read upside down too, handy but not required too often:) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, I've been looking forward all morning to reading this with my lunchtime coffee as suggested and it was well worth the wait and got me through clearing the garden:D I can read upside down and I find it very useful at parent teacher meetings, in doctors surgeries and at job interviews he he! Thank you so much for tagging me - I am going to be soo busy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list, brillant, you have everything in there and I second this 'Eddie Izzard (a God among men)' I disagree with one point though that we shouldn't listen to you, you have a strong and valuable voice and important to listen to :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals, I really enjoyed this blog
    @Jen , I knew you'd be shocked
    @Blue Sky, that's how I get thru the chores too!!! (and reading upside down is great!)
    @Irish Mammy, *blush*
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list Jean PMSL about the make up ladies

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Katy, they scare the bejeesus out of me XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool list there Jean...be a hard act to follow!
    Don't know where to begin with mine!
    I too can read upside down! xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know you can do it jazzy!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always put a smile on my face, Jean (and today this was not easy). And, at the next coffee morning run for cover when you see me or I may attempt to talk you into the Theory of Relativity :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Truf....I would LOVE that....Geeks of the world unite!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete